Brownstock returns

Students+and+teachers+gather+for+the+final+song+at+last+years+Brownstock+

Students and teachers gather for the final song at last year’s Brownstock

Sarah Grier, Assistant Online Editor

LT’s 18th annual Brownstock performance is scheduled to take place on Friday March 24 in the Reber Center. Brownstock is an all-day music festival consisting of student and staff acts who perform for the LT students, staff and community.

“Brownstock is designed to be an opportunity for music acts to perform for their peers, and for those peers to see them in a different light,” staff coordinator Eugene O’Reilly said. “It transcends school social structure and the norms and it makes LT unique.”

Two years ago organizers were not able to hold Brownstock during the day due to renovations being made to the Reber Center; however, this year they plan to continue the well-received LT tradition per usual.

“The plan remains solid – each act gets an allotted time slot, teachers sign up, the [assistant principals] organize and issue tickets, people rock, lives are improved.”

Leah Silvoski ’17 has been playing guitar for six years and last year performed at Brownstock. She played with the teacher band, Identity Crisis (a student band) and also did a solo act.

“This was really the opportunity for someone interested in being a modern musician at the school,” Silvoski said. “There wasn’t anything that fit my passion of guitar, but with this I get to connect to my school through music.”

Slivoski spent first semester this year touring with a band called Dalton Rapattoni and hopes to hone those skills in her performance this year at Brownstock.

“I definitely plan on doing Brownstock this year,” Silvoski said. “It was a really great feeling to surprise so many people at school that didn’t know I played guitar and of course I’ll take any chance to perform I can.”

Organizers will begin planning this year’s lineup in the two meetings in early March, date to be determined. In order to perform it is mandatory to attend both meetings where information regarding the show will be shared.

“If I, Mr. [Frank] Alletto, or Mr. [Bill] Allan can vouch for their skill, or they have been in another LT event, like the V-Show, they are in,” O’Reilly said. “If none of that applies, we ask for a recording or a link.