Happiness Survey
Happiness Survey
April 3, 2024
To bet or not to bet
March 21, 2024
Poll

What are your plans for spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Dr. Tyrrell selected as ‘community influencer’

Principal one of 25 community members chosen by local publication
Principal Jennifer Tyrrell was featured on page 44 in the October 2023 issue of the Hillgrove Avenue magazine (James/LION).

In the October 2023 issue of the Hillgrove Avenue magazine, principal Jennifer Tyrrell was recognized as a community influencer. Tyrrell is one of the 25 community influencers chosen each year. 

“I [am] flattered [and] honored,” Tyrrell said. “I think we live in an amazing community and there’s a lot of great people and influence within the community. Honestly, I’m appreciative of the role that I have and am lucky to be able to serve our students, staff, families, and

the greater community.”

The magazine article is set up in a question-and-answer format. The questions reflect on Tyrrell’s previous two years as principal and what she hopes to accomplish this school year. Tyrrell goes into detail about the strategic plan LT has implemented and expresses how important attending student events is to her. 

“I think [showing up] means a lot to our students and their families,” Tyrrell said. “It’s about building relationships and connections [along with] showing my support and appreciation; it’s a whole lot of fun as well. I think that since I’ve become a principal, I’ve become a fan of really everything that we do, and it’s just awesome that I get to have a front-row seat. The amount of talent that we have here at LT is off the charts, and the fact that I get to be the number one fan to all of our students is just awesome.”

Tyrrell brings her passion and enthusiasm to LT every day, Superintendent Brian Waterman said. She is the student’s biggest cheerleader and is very deserving of being named community influencer. 

“I think Dr. Tyrrell is deserving of this because of the ‘never-ending’ energy and enthusiasm that she brings to LT,” Waterman said. “In her role as Principal, she serves as an amazing ambassador and champion for our school community!”

Throughout Tyrrell’s time at LT, she has enjoyed making connections with students, staff, and families. Building these connections and having trust is important to her. She enjoys learning people’s stories and getting to connect on a personal level.

“I love this place, and I want to help make it the best that it can possibly be,” Tyrrell said. “I want to celebrate all of our accomplishments and the good that exists here, but I also want to continue to push us to get better and better because, ultimately, we want to grow, learn, and evolve so that all of our students that are here now and those that are going to come later have the best possible high school experiences ever.”