Olive and Feta opens, replaces Crawdaddy’s seafood boil

The+entryway+area+decorations+of+Olive+and+Feta+at+32+S.+La+Grange+Rd.+%28Ruppert%2FLION%29.+
The entryway area decorations of Olive and Feta at 32 S. La Grange Rd. (Ruppert/LION).

Businesses are constantly cycling in and out of downtown La Grange. Crawdaddy’s Seafood Boil recently closed after a short time in business, and was replaced by Olive and Feta. It is a sit-down restaurant that serves Greek and Mediterranean food, located at 32 S. LaGrange Rd. It is a very cute restaurant with good food, and is a great spot to go out to dinner. 

The aesthetics of the restaurant were really on point. Despite the space being in the basement area under Casa Margherita, thus having no windows, it had a very nice atmosphere. The color scheme included lots of whites and blues, feeding into the Greek theme. There was an electric fire burning near the entrance and the waiting area. There were fairy lights draped across the ceilings, and the whole room was very warm and inviting.

I went to the restaurant for dinner with my parents on a Saturday night, so it was fairly busy. We had to wait for around 30 minutes for our table. We checked online prior to going to see if we could make a reservation, but it didn’t seem like we were able to.

Once we were seated, the waiter quickly brought us bread and water. She came back a few minutes later to take our drink and appetizer orders. We chose to order the Saganaki ($11) as an appetizer, which is described on the menu as “flaming cheese”. The delivery of the appetizer was very exciting, with the waitress bringing it to our table and lighting the plate on fire in front of us. The dish was great on top of bread, or on its own, and was very cheesy and salty.

For my main dish I chose to order the veggie kebabs ($18) and shared a side of Greek potatoes ($6) with my parents. The kebabs contained tomatoes, peppers, onion, and zucchini, and were served over a plate of rice. The vegetables were grilled perfectly. They were all very fresh, flavorful, and well seasoned. They all paired very well with the rice. The Greek potatoes were very well cooked also, and were not overly soft. They were lemony, well seasoned, and the perfect side to pair with my dinner. It was a very good meal overall.

Olive and Feta officially opened around six weeks ago. I could tell that they were definitely still getting on their feet. The restaurant is a very large space with a lot of tables. However, only about half of these tables were full, likely due to lack of staffing. We also waited for quite a while to get our dinner after ordering it. Our waitress explained that there was a backup in the kitchen, which is what caused the delay. Nevertheless, it resulted in an almost two hour wait for our food. 

Overall, Olive and Feta is the Greek restaurant that Downtown La Grange has been missing. The aesthetics and warm atmosphere make this a great spot to go with friends or family. The food is delicious, and they have a wide variety of options. The longer that they remain open I am sure that they will get on their feet, improving their service and staffing. If you are looking for a new dinner option, I highly recommend Oliva and Feta. It is open 4 p.m.-9 p.m. on Monday through Thursday, 4 p.m.-10:30 p.m. on Friday, 12 p.m.-10:30 p.m. on Saturday, and 12 p.m.-9:30 p.m. on Sundays. 

4/5 Paws