How to spend your Halloween right

Photo+Credit%3A+Q104+FM%2C+Kansas+City+

Photo Credit: Q104 FM, Kansas City

Abby King, Reporter

As high school students outgrow the classic tradition of trick-or-treating, many may wonder to do with their Halloween night. Here are some alternatives to have a great holiday:

1. Go to Walgreens after school and buy the 3/$3 (or 6/$6 if the holiday really has you feeling down) of those candy boxes, then go home and watch Disney’s Halloween Night Marathon in your basement.
  2. Go to the Thirteenth Floor Haunted House in Melrose Park, because who doesn’t want to be chased by potential serial killers in an abandoned building with teenage girls shrieking around you?
  3. Get home and Netflix, eat, sleep, repeat.
  4. Halloween is on a Friday this year, the first night you will have a later curfew than 90% of the kids out, so try to enjoy while following the new LT Code of Conduct, of course.
  5. Slowly drive around your neighborhood in a suspicious vehicle with a bullhorn, explaining the warning signs of stranger danger. (disclaimer: Police may jump on the bandwagon with this one)
  6. Jump into a random flatbed of a truck with some friends and hay, and you’ve made your own makeshift hayride.
  7. Scare little children by telling them a fake story about how the house with all of their lights off is haunted, while having your other group of friends run out of the same house screaming.
  8. Do homework, because you are in five APs and don’t know what a social life is anymore.
  9. For all those fall sport athletes out there: carbo-load with KitKats and Butterfingers.
  10. Play car-tag/kidnapped­­—because what could go wrong?