Construction comes to a close

The newly finished cafeteria

Brittany Grosser-Basile, News Editor

Construction of the cafeteria and Reber Center was completed on schedule and under budget, allowing students to use both facilities for the last two months of this school year.

“This was a very large capital improvement project that was completed on-time and under-budget.” Superintendent Dr. Timothy Kilrea said. “We appreciate the support from our tax payers for allowing us to continue to provide outstanding facilities to our students, staff and communities, to the board of education for their tireless efforts and focus on students and to the students and staff for their flexibility. This has really been a team effort all the way through.”

Students were able to use the cafeteria on March 27, the Friday before spring break, and were served pizza and cookies.

“Treating the students and staff to lunch was a great way to celebrate the opening of the newly renovated cafeteria,” Kilrea said. “It’s a small token from the board of education to say thanks for your patience and flexibility.”

Once school was back in session after break, the cafeteria was officially opened, serving Sodexo supplied food in the new food court style lines.

“I like the openness and lighting a lot,” Hallie Vlahos ‘15 said. “It’s like the High School Musical cafeteria. I’m glad the seniors are able to be in it for the rest of the year.”

The Reber Center had its grand opening on April 14, which included performances by Eurythmics and Madrigals, and a one-act play.

Following the performances, the lights were turned on and people were able to look around the facility, and refreshments were offered in the cafeteria.