Starting off spring with smoothies

Calling all NC students, there’s a new item in the lunchroom. 

I am always looking for new things to try during lunch at NC. I have noticed many additions to the lunch menu lately, but one item really stuck out to me. The smoothies, which come in various different flavors including strawberry-banana, peach, wild berry and strawberry, have been a huge hit for the student body lately and I had been eager to try one for myself. 

When I walked up to the smoothie kiosk, The strawberry flavor sounded the most appetizing to me, so that is the one I chose. Three of my friends also purchased smoothies. One of them also purchased a strawberry smoothie and the other two ordered a peach one.There was only one size offered, and every flavor of smoothie costs the same price, which is $3.

At first glance, my smoothie was very appealing. It was in a smaller sized cup, and had a pink color. Upon my first sip of the smoothie, I could immediately taste the strawberry. I noticed that there was a good amount of flavoring; the strawberry was neither overpowering or underwhelming, which was a plus for me. 

The ordering process was easy and quick, which is very nice since students are always in a rush. Each drink is also freshly made, which I appreciated. 

My friends similarly had a positive experience. They also found the smoothies to be very satisfying. 

“I really liked this smoothie, I will have to get it again,” Mia Cassaro ‘25 said. “It is really exciting that they are now offered at lunch.”

Cassaro purchased the strawberry smoothie as well.

The peach smoothie was the other drink that my friends tried out. It was very refreshing, but somewhat lacked a strong flavor, Sonya Plichta ‘25 said.

Overall, I think this addition to the lunch menu is a great one. So many students are looking for a sweet treat half way through their day. Having fresh smoothies daily is definitely a great source for this and can allow students to get a little extra fruit within their day.

“Smoothies are a refreshing and delicious option that will make you feel good with every sip,”  Katie Villarreal ‘25 said.