Happiness Survey
Happiness Survey
April 3, 2024
To bet or not to bet
March 21, 2024
Poll

What are your plans for spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

‘March Mash-Up’ unites students

PRISM and Latinos Juntos collaborate to create special event
March+Mash-Up+promotional+poster+%28design+by+Briana+Gonzalez%29.+
March Mash-Up promotional poster (design by Briana Gonzalez).

This upcoming March 21st, PRISM and Latinos Juntos will be hosting the first ever LT March Mash-Up, an event that will showcase student groups through performances. All students are welcome to attend for food, games, and fun. 

From 6 to 8:30 in the SC Coral, the event hopes to promote school community and inclusion, vice president of Latinos Juntos Briana Gonzalez ‘24 said.

“[March Mash-Up] focuses on belonging,” PRISM sponsor Christina George said. “No matter who you are, we just want to bring people together, and have people from all different walks of life enjoying time together.”

After applying for a Booster Club grant and getting approved, PRISM knew they wanted to use the money for something school wide, George said. March Mash-Up began with the intention of getting all people involved, not just those a part of PRISM club. 

“School events [like March Mash-Up] really allow you to build connections with different people and to see different things and experience different cultures around school, which helps the variety of LT communities be seen,” PRISM co-leader Aspyn Lawrence ‘24 said.

While the event is free entry, PRISM and Latinos Juntos ask students to make donations for the LT Care Space, a place on campus where students can get essentials they don’t have at home, George said. There are desired items that the two clubs are crafting a list for, such as instant lunches, but monetary donations are also appreciated. 

Those who make a donation will be entered in a raffle where they will have the chance to win gift cards for restaurants in the area. As for attendance, there will be a QR code found on social media and posters around the school where students can express their interest so that the event has the proper amount of food and resources.

“When reflecting on how far March Mash-Up planning has come,  I am most proud of our leaders–their initiative, spirit and everything they bring to the clubs,” George said.

Leaders from Latinos Juntos and PRISM, along with the sponsors, have been meeting weekly to plan since finals week, Gonzalez said.

“I think it has been pretty cool [collaborating with] other clubs because PRISM has a pretty set demographic and way of doing things, so to get other peoples’ input on how things should be run is really awesome,” Lawrence said. “Many clubs have a peak, and then a downfall of participants, especially now at the end of the year. A lot of clubs are experiencing low participation, and students not wanting to get out there in the community. Collaborating clubs exchanges people and exposes them to other communities.”

Latinos Juntos and PRISM are currently organizing club performances into half-hour time slots, George said. Whether it be dances, bands, or reading creative pieces, all performances are welcome and time slots are subject to change depending on how many groups express interest. Those who would like to showcase their talents are welcome to reach out to George as well as any of the club members.

“True memories are formed from the time you spend with clubs and friends,” George said. “When I look back on high school, my fondest memories are the time I spent outside of class in clubs.”