All-School Assembly rescheduled for Feb. 23

Harper Hill, Reporter

During fifth period on Feb. 13, Principal Brian Waterman sent out an email to LT staff announcing the new date for the All School Assembly: Feb. 23. Many people were involved in this tough decision, including Waterman, Student Activities Director Peter Geddeis and the entire central office. There are drawbacks to any date, but Feb. 23 presented the least amount of conflicts.

“I certainly prefer rescheduling to cancelling it entirely,” Geddeis said. “This is an assembly that’s about the whole school. We were going to look for another opportunity for the whole school to be together as one, so we’ll make the best of the difficult situation.”

After the new date was released, Geddeis emailed all the acts that were scheduled to participate in the assembly. The downsides of the rescheduled date will be determined once people reconfirm their ability to participate. The outside trapeze act Aloft Ariel are currently unaware of their availability.

“I think there are some unexpected benefits of this,” Geddeis said. “This allows us to be even a little bit more prepared to tighten up the script, to maybe add some things that we didn’t have time for that we had been considering because components of the assembly are going to have to change.”