Alumni inducted into Hall of Fame

LT Hall of Fame receives four new members

Thomas Atseff, Assistant Online Editor

The LT Hall of Fame represents alumni and friends of the school who have followed their career at LT with great success and virtue. The 2015 class of inductees includes philanthropist Dr. Edgar (Ted) Gifford, photographer James Davis, engineer and businessman James Littlejohn, P.E., and television producer Brenda Brkusic.

Ted Gifford

Dr. Ted Gifford graduated from LT in 1936, and at 97 years old is the oldest inductee initiated into the LT Hall of Fame. Gifford practiced dentistry for 50 years in LaGrange. He provided free dental examinations for local students and adults throughout his career. He helped organize and lead the Rotary International Organization his entire life, a foundation dedicated to curing polio.

“Rotary’s main goal is the eradication of polio from the entire world,” Gifford said.

Gifford has traveled the world assisting polio victims, including Vietnam refugees in the 1980s. Gifford is recognized for his humanitarian and charitable service, and for being a centerpiece in the elimination of polio.

James Davis

James Davis graduated in 1966 from LT. He is the founder of Chappell Studio, a photography studio that photographs students at their high school graduations. He also founded Marathon Photo, a photography studio that takes pictures of participants in marathons. Marathon Studio currently photographs runners in about 80 percent of the world’s biggest races. Davis frequently travels around the world photographing people, visiting countries such as India, Canada, Germany and England. Davis has personally photographed over 4 million individuals, and tens of millions have been photographed by either of his two companies.

“Everything I have done comes back to my experiences [at LT],” Davis said.

James Littlejohn

James Littlejohn is a 1972 graduate of LT. After attending Vanderbilt University in Nashville, and studying engineering, Littlejohn founded his own engineering firm, Littlejohn Engineering Associates, Inc. He serves as its President and CEO. His company’s headquarters are located in Nashville, but has offices in four different states and over 100 engineers employed. Littlejohn credits much of his success to his education at LT.

“The principles that this community was founded with are used in [my company’s] work today,” Littlejohn said.

Brenda Brkusic

Brenda Brkusic, the youngest of this year’s Hall of Fame inductees, graduated LT in 1999. At LT, Brkusic studied television with LTTV, and learned much of what she uses now in high school. She is currently the Executive Producer of Program Development and National Productions for PBS SoCal, and is a primary creative mind for renowned programs and series on television.

“I have the opportunity to educate, enlighten and entertain viewers,” Brkusic said.

At Chapman University, Brkusic told a very important story through her documentary on Croatian refugees and their struggles. This is a subject she is very passionate about, as her parents are both Croatian. “My goal is to give voice to the voiceless,” Brkusic said.

Information gathered at the Hall of Fame recognition banquet and induction ceremony on Nov 6.