LiOnion endorses Trump

Most qualified, honest option in presidential race

Trump holds LiOnion at his peaceful Chicago rally.

MelRose Buckler, News Editor

After four-time bankruptcy businessman and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump received a ridiculously high number of votes during Illinois’ March 15 primary elections, causing him to win the GOP primary in Illinois, LiOnion has decided to endorse Trump as the candidate to vote for in the November general election.

“Trump seems to have the best policies and the best ideas when it comes to making America great again,” Make LT Great Again club member Ronald Drumf ‘16 said. “I just love how he says whatever he wants, even if it’s a lie or completely racist, xenophobic or misogynistic. It’s so inspiring and honest.”

Many students at LT agree with Drumf, a LiOnion survey found. Ninety-three percent of the students surveyed thought that Trump would be the best person to be president next year. The 20 students that were surveyed are all part of PIC, officially known as “politically incorrect club.”

“I am really happy that LiOnion is endorsing Trump,” Miranda Wright ‘17 said. “The fact that he’s an outsider isn’t a concern for me at all because the whole system is messed up already, so might as well just mess it up even more with him.”

After careful consideration and lots of discussion over who to endorse for the presidential election, LiOnion decided that Trump seemed to be the most talked about at LT.

“We figured that because everyone constantly talks about Trump that must mean he’s a good candidate,” editor in chief Farrett Briana said. “We don’t even know if the things that he says are true or even possible, but LiOnion was just so inspired by his harsh rhetoric that we had no choice but to endorse him.